New Toronto restaurants: Hana Sushi
SpiritHouse closes, Japanese souffle pancakes land in Kensington and the Annex, and more
- Ready for some conveyor belt sushi? Hana Sushi is open now at 21 Grenville (at Yonge).
- Shanghai fried chicken chain Gdous has set up shop at 223 Spadina (at Sullivan).
- Sukoshi Mart, a Japanese convenice store, is now open (160 Baldwin, at Spadina).
- …As is Hanabusa, a Japanese souffle pancake spot around the corner (77 Kensington, at Baldwin).
- More souffle pancakes! Fuwa Fuwa is about to open at 408 Bloor West (at Brunswick) in the former home of The Common.
- A bake shop called Pretty Little Cupcake is going in at 129 Queen East.
- Bad news for cocktail lovers: SpiritHouse will be closing down to focus its new cocktail company. Founders Original, which is set to launch three products in the LCBO in May. SpiritHouse’s last night of service will be April 28.
- As previously reported, Hype Food Co., an allergy-free fast-casual restaurant, is opening
- Sanagan’s Meat Locker‘s new east end location is open at 1513 Gerrard East (at Coxwell).
- 420 Smokehouse (420 Parliament, at Gerrard) has closed.
email@example.com | @nataliamanzocco