New Toronto restaurants: Patois, Giulietta, Kinton Ramen, Ama, Parka Food Co., Saulter Street Brewery
What's open, opening soon, or closing in your neck of the woods
- Apparently, the liquid nitrogen ice cream trend ain’t over yet: Lab Sense is now open at 526 Yonge (at Maitland).
- A new locavore fast-casual concept, FARMR, is coming soon to the St. Lawrence Mareket area (140A the Esplanade, at Lower Jarvis).
- Filipino food lovers, rejoice: Market 707’s Kanto by Tita Flips has a new, full-fledged location at 168B Eglinton East (at Redpath).
- Kinton Ramen has opened its eighth location at 90 Eglinton East (at Yonge). To celebrate, they’re offering 50% all ramen at the new location on Thursday, August 10.
- Saulter Street Brewery is open in soft mode and pouring their first beer (a Czech pilsner) at 1-31 Saulter (at June Callwood Way).
- Patois is (finally!) back after a yearlong closure due to a devastating fire. (794 Dundas West, at Palmerston)
- Giulietta, a new spot from L’Unita’s David Minicucci and Bestellen’s Rob Rossi, is set to open in the former Bestellen space this fall.
- Che is going from food truck to full-on kitchen with Ama, a new snack bar in the former Cadillac Jenkins space (930 Queen West, at Shaw).
- As previously reported, Vancouver-based restaurant company Donnelly Group is moving into the former Beaconsfield with their next venture, Death and Taxes (1154 Queen West, at Beaconsfield).
- DailyHive reports that Parka Food Co., a new spot focused on vegan comfort food, is set to arrive in the former home of The Baro, 424 Queen West (at Cameron), this fall.
Email us with your restaurant tips!
email@example.com | @nataliamanzocco