New Toronto restaurants: Makan Noodle Bar
3 Brewers and La Societe shut down, Bus Terminal Diner becomes a chain fast-food joint, an oyster bar / art gallery opens on Dundas West, and more
- 3 Brewers is closing down all of its locations in the GTA (including the Financial District, Liberty Village, Richmond Hill and Mississauga restaurants) – save for the Yonge-Dundas location (275 Yonge, at Dundas), as well as one in Oakville.
- La Societe (131 Bloor West, at Bay) is closing at the end of December, with owners INK planning a new concept for the space.
- Liquor license application signs are up for Holy Cow Steakhouse at 254 Queen West (at John).
- Sansotei has a new location at 30 Adelaide East (at Victoria).
- Makan Noodle Bar, a new laksa spot from Trevor Lui and Lion City, is now open at Stackt Market (28 Bathurst, at Front).
- Lazy Bones is open at 64 Spadina (at King).
- Dal Moro Pasta is now open at Yonge Eglinton Centre (2300 Yonge, at Eglinton).
- Cry Baby Gallery is now open at 1468 Dundas West, with a cocktail and oyster bar in the back.
- Miss Papparoti’s downtown location? The Malaysian coffee bun chain has a new location at 4028 Confederation (at Burnhamthorpe) in Mississauga.
- U.S. chain Dapper Doughnut is opening a location somewhere in Mississauga in the new year.