New Toronto restaurants: Brodflour
A waste-free grocer, Steamwhistle's new beer garden, double bubble tea, east-end doners and more
- Chinese bubble tea spot Song Tea is opening in Richmond Hill (550 Hwy 7) this month.
- The east end is getting a doner joint: ZIBA Berlin Döner (1608 Queen East, at Coxwell).
- Sugar Loaf Bakery has closed its 729 Queen East (at Broadview) and 1062 Gerrard East (at Jones) locations.
- Coffee Time at 255 Coxwell (at Gerrard East) has closed.
- Brodflour is open at 8 Pardee (at Liberty).
- Unboxed Market, an all-bulk, packaging-free grocery store, is opening next month at 1263 Dundas West (at Dovercourt).
- The Parkdale location of My Roti Place, replacing Bacchus Roti (1376 Queen West, at Brock), is officially open. Bonus: It’s licensed!
- Luna Cafe‘s original location (181 Dovercourt) has closed due to a dispute with the landlord.
- Pour Boy (583 College, at Clinton) will soon become a location of Ottawa craft beer chain Beerocracy.
CORRECTION: In an earlier version of this column, we misidentified Luna Cafe’s location at 181 Dovercourt, which was slated to close, as their newer location. The new Luna Cafe is located at 2800 Dundas West and is still in operation.
firstname.lastname@example.org | @nataliamanzocco