New Toronto restaurants: KaKa AYCE opens downtown
Cauldron Ice Cream is incoming, Blowfish goes belly up, and more
- Frankie’s Italian is set to replace Lil Baci at 892 Queen East (at Logan).
- Alex Molitz, formerly of Geraldine and Farmhouse Tavern, is opening a new spot called City Betty at Danforth and Greenwood.
- Core, a new restaurant from Mark Moffatt (Crush Wine Bar) and Hyun Jung Kim (George), is opening this week at 896 Queen East (at Logan) in the former home of Braised.
- The original Loaded Pierogi location at 1044 Gerrard East has closed (but their other locations remain open).
- Rosina is open at 740 King West (at Tecumseth).
- Mum’s The Word, a snack bar and brunch spot, is open at 567 College (at Manning).
- People’s Pint has opened in the former home of Junction Craft Brewing at 90 Cawthra (at Hirons).
- The incoming Toronto location of Montreal’s Les Moulins Lafayette now has an address: 715 Queen West (at Tecumseth).
firstname.lastname@example.org | @nataliamanzocco