New Toronto restaurants: Cafe Landwer, Jollibee
Doug's Public Kitchen shuts down, a new beer spot on the Island, and more
- “Cafe and drinkery” Henrietta Lane is now open at 392 King East (at Wilkins).
- As previously reported, Momofuku’s pop-up in the Saks Food Hall by Pusateri’s is now up and running.
- Toronto Island Beer and BBQ Co. (30 Centre Island Park) is set to rebrand as Toronto Island Brewing Co. this summer, and will be serving a lineup of its own brews.
- After opening its first GTA location at Bathurst and Rutherford, Israeli chain Cafe Landwer has a downtown outpost going in at 165 University (at Adelaide).
- Tea Land, a massive bubble tea chain from China, is set to replace Condom Shack (RIP) at 231 Queen West (at University). (Sure, they’ll have cheese drinks and waffles, but will they have cappucino-flavoured lube?)
- Celebrity Hot Pot (254 Spadina, at Cameron) has closed.
- Doug’s Public Kitchen (561 Marlee, at Glencairn) has shuttered so that chef Doug McNish can focus on Mythology Diner, his collab with the team behind Doomie’s.
- EAT BKK Thai Kitchen & Bar is coming to 6307 Yonge (at Steeles) this spring.
- Pressed sushi spot Aburi Room is open at 16 Park Home (at Yonge).
- This is not a drill: Filipino fast food chain Jollibee opens in Scarborough (15 William Kitchen, at Kennedy) this Sunday, April 1. Read our explainer here.
firstname.lastname@example.org | @nataliamanzocco