New Toronto restaurants: Porchetta & Co. downtown
Rosalinda and Kushimaru open, Meat and Bread is looking for a home, Dooney's and Noorden close, and more
- Porchetta & Co. opens its first Financial District location today inside Exchange Tower (130 King West, at York). The new location will feature all-new breakfast items as well as Sam James coffee.
- Kushimaru, Toronto’s first kushikatsu restaurant, is now open at 64 Edward (at Bay).
- Rosalinda starts serving today at 133 Richmond West (at University).
- Meat and Bread, a Vancouver sandwich spot known for its porchetta and turducken sandwiches, has announced plans to expand into Toronto.
- Arthur’s, a new grill and cocktail lounge from the people behind the Chase, is opening this fall at 22 St. Clair East (at Yonge).
- Noorden‘s (2110 Yonge, at Hillsdale) last day of service is this Saturday.
- Paradice Shaved Ice is about to open at 792 College (at Roxton).
- A new Indian spot called 6ixtriangles is open at 127 Jefferson (at King).
- Dooney’s (866 Bloor West, at Carling), a long-running Annex brunch spot revived in 2015, has shut down.
- Big Tuna Poke Bar (599 Bloor West, at Palmerston) has closed and is being replaced by The Pocha.
email@example.com | @nataliamanzocco