New Toronto restaurants: RIP Unlovable
by CHLOE. opens, Zocalo closes, Hemant Bhagwani and Trevor Liu team up for a Burmese spot, and more
- by CHLOE. opens its first Canadian location Thursday at Yorkdale (3401 Dufferin, at Highway 401).
- Burmese restaurant Pōpa, a new collaboration between Hemant Bhagwani (Indian Street Food Co) and Trevor Lui (Kanpai), is coming to Bayview Village (2901 Bayview) next month.
- Vegwood is open at 540 Oakwood (at Vaughan).
- Hakka spot Khao is now open at 251 King East (at Sherbourne).
- Unlovable (1415 Dundas West, at Gladstone) is closing on October 31 after 12 years final party details are still in the works.
- London-based vegan fast food shop Globally Local is now open at 492 College (at Bathurst).
- Zocalo, a project by the Playa Cabana family that was formerly Dolly’s, has closed after less than a year at 1426 Bloor West (at Lansdowne).
- Vivoli (665 College, at) is back open after a fire in June.
- Donerland is now open at 217 Roncesvalles (at Wright).