New Toronto restaurants: Borrel, Gold Standard, Sukhothai, Green Room, Jules Bistro, Pomarosa, Banh Mi Boys
What's open, opening soon, or closing in your neck of the woods
- Banh Mi Boys is movin’ on up to York University with a new location inside the QUAD (95 The Pond, at Sentinel).
- The Danforth is going Dutch with the impending arrival of Borrel (1333 Danforth, at Lamb), a new restaurant by the folks behind the Borrel pop-up series.
- The new Jules Bistro is open in the former home of Edward Levesque’s Kitchen in Leslieville (1290 Queen East, at Hastings).
- Pomarosa is a stylish new coffee shop and Latin American lunch spot at 1504 Danforth (at Monarch Park).
- RIP Ashdale Brunch and Espresso (1560 Queen East, at Ashdale), home of a very good breakfast polenta situation that I will hold forever in my heart.
- Gold Standard, a breakfast sandwich spot by the Federal, is open on Neepawa Ave., right behind Reunion Coffee at 385 Roncesvalles (at Lynd).
Email us with your restaurant tips!
firstname.lastname@example.org | @nataliamanzocco