New Toronto restaurants: Chotto Matte, Pi Co., Konjiki, Omai, Sanagan’s Meat Locker
What's open, opening soon, or closing in your neck of the woods
- Bubble tea chain Green Grotto has a new location at 832 Bay (at Grenville) in the former home of Via Vai.
- Japanese-Peruvian cuisine, called Nikkei, has been in the spotlight in food culture as of late. Soon, you’ll be able to try it yourself when Chotto Matte, a restaurant family with locations in London and Miami, opens at 161 Bay (at Front).
- Kaiju, a cult-fave takeout curry joint in the Shops at Aura (384 Yonge, at Gerrard), will be closing at the end of the month. A new location is TBD.
- Omai, a new spot for sake and hand rolls, has opened at 3 Baldwin (at McCaul).
- Pi Co.‘s two locations will soon be five. The customizable pizza shop has locations going in at 170 University (at Adelaide) and in the Shops at Don Mills (1070 Don Mills, at Lawrence) next year, with a Yonge and Eg location slated to open in 2019.
- Konjiki, a Michelin-approved Tokyo ramen stand, is opening its first North American location at 5051 Yonge (at Elmwood).
Email us with your restaurant tips!
email@example.com | @nataliamanzocco