New Toronto restaurants: Sakai
Sara opens on Portland, Rudy adds a new location, Nota Bene and Electric Mud wind things down, and more
- Sara, the latest from the Food Dudes, is open at 98 Portland (at Adelaide West).
- As previously reported, Thoroughbred (304 Richmond, at John) will be closing later this month after 4.5 years on Richmond.
- Once the toast of Toronto, Nota Bene (180 Queen West, at University) will be closing at the end of the year to make way for a new Asian-focused Planta concept from Nota Bene and Planta’s chef, David Lee.
- Rob Bragagnolo has converted Campo Food Hall (433 King West, at Spadina) into a full-scale version of Campo’s dining concept Labora, with an expanded bar area that includes a raw bar, Spanish charcuterie and cheese station, and vermouth on tap.
- Burger shop Rudy has a new downtown location at 69 Duncan (at Queen West).
- A New York-based taiyaki shop, the aptly named Taiyaki NYC, will soon be opening its first Toronto store at 128 Dundas West (at Bay).
- H2 Kitchen (204 Queen West, at St. Patrick) will soon become Niuda, a hand-pulled noodle shop.
firstname.lastname@example.org | @nataliamanzocco