New Toronto restaurants: Priest hits West Queen West
Plus a lab-themed tea cafe, a new home for Tilt and more
- Labothery Inc., a science-inspired tea cafe, is opening March 3 at 717 Bay (at Gerrard).
- Moss Park has a new destination for Ethiopian coffee and snacks: Enat Buna (175 Queen East, at George).
- Crush’d Juice Bar is open at (314 Queen East, at Berkeley).
- According to signs on the windows, the long-shuttered Lo Zingaro space (571 Queen West, at Portland) will soon be occupied by Bar Altura.
- Arcade bar Tilt is about to close up shop at its contested Annex location to make way for a new boutique hotel. They’re set to resurface at Dundas and Bathurst later this month.
- Burger’s Priest is angling for the West Queen West post-bar crowd’s dough with a new location at 1120 Queen West (at Lisgar).
- Laundry and Lattes is open for all your clothes and caffeine-related needs at 1152 Dufferin (at Dovercourt).
- The Gin Mill, a new gastropub pouring Ontario beer, is replacing Yellow Griffin (2202 Bloor West, at Runnymede).
- When Roncesvalles sushi spot Sushi Nomi moves uptown to 1201 St. Clair West (at Dufferin) this month, they’ll be rebranding as Shunoko.
firstname.lastname@example.org | @nataliamanzocco