What do you buy a host with the most? Her (or his) Martha Stewart tendencies mean she's already equally equipped to serve tea to the Queen or deep-fry a turkey in the backyard for a spontaneous summer kegger. The truth is, a proud host can always be more prepared, so shop with building up her entertaining arsenal in mind.
1. Shake up a stiff drink with Alessi's sculptural shaker ($236) and pour it out into Leonardo's acid green glass ($32/pair, both Ma Zone).
2. Penny Black grey V-neck sweater ($215, Boutique Le Trou, 940 Queen West, 416-516-7122).
3. An extensive apron wardrobe is a must for any host. Add to hers with Domistyle's red poppy print bib ($39, the Cookbook Store, 850 Yonge, 416-920-2665, www.domistylegifts.com).
4. Genetic Denim wide-legged jeans ($295, Fawn, 967 Queen West, #121, 647-344-4703).
5. Heat up some cocoa in Williams-Sonoma's ceramic hot chocolate pot ($45, 100 Bloor West, 416-962-9455, and others).
6. Ornaments on a tree. Ornaments on the banister. We're sensing a theme here, so give her these ornament-shaped name card holders to maximize the holiday motif ($3.49 each, Pink Twig, 711 College, 416-537-7465).
7. Built NY's striped neoprene wine tote keeps your bottle at the perfect temperature ($21.90, Ziggy's at Home, 794 College, 416-535-8728).
8. Skip the trendtinis and make up a classic tipple from The Savoy Cocktail Book ($29.95, Type, 883 Queen West, 416-366-8973).