After our Disc Guide, the music freaks in your life have already told you what tunes will maintain their indie cred and let them easily band-name-drop among the most well-studied sound geeks. So now you can snap up some gear or kitschy accessories that pay homage to their retro taste.
1. At Long & McQuade , they're pushing Epiphone 's jumbo AJ-200SCE acoustic/electric guitar as a hot beginner pick ($310, 925 Bloor West, 416-588-7886).
2. A vintage cigar box gets rocked into a purse with a retro Pretenders print ($45, Doll Factory by Damzels , 1122 Queen East, 416-598-0509).
3. We'll let the description on the box for Pete Fowler 's TRWG figure speak for its inclusion on our music gift list: "TRWG is a walking, talking encyclopedia of the unique musical styles found on Monsterism Island. Bred and schooled on a commune in the hills, he now writes his own music fanzine (titled It's Fragly!) and is always found in front at local gigs. He's the first to know about the new local bands, where they are playing and what they eat for lunch" ($75, Magic Pony , 694 Queen West, 416-861-1684).
4. Can't wait to get all handsy with the iPhone's slick touch screen? The iPod Touch is the next best thing. Actually, it's exactly the same thing, but without the phone feature and with a larger hard drive to store your goods. Finger your way through music, photos, video, Internet and handy widgets like calendar, clock, calculator, GoogleMaps and YouTube (8GB $329; 16GB $449 , Carbon Computing , 772 Queen East, 416-535-1999, www.carbonation.com).
5. Plug in guitars, keyboards and mics and rock out riffs that'll melt faces with the Apogee Duet Audio Interface . Duet's directly integrated with Logic Pro, GarageBand and Soundtrack Pro to give you the most seamless, painless recording of high-quality audio ($475, Resolution Pro Audio , 2 Pardee, 416-531-5573, www.resolutionproaudio.com).
6. That's not my iPod caddy. That's just my gum. Or so you hope MP3 player poachers believe with Bennie and Olive 's gum-wrapper-shaped case ($22, Frock , 97 Roncesvalles, 416-516-1333).
7. If he eats, sleeps and breathes music, a kitschy iPod pillow helps make the sleeping part comfy and plush ($24.95, Rolo , 24 Bellair, 416-920-0100).
8. So what if Milburn Powell 's hot pink print sweatshirt isn't a band T ($89, Delphic , 706 Queen West, 416-603-3334)? Vintage black dress shoes ($50, 69 Vintage , 1100 Queen West, 416-516-0669).