We’re sensing a pattern in all this summer’s picnic paraphernalia.
1. An antipasto feast is the perfect filler for this oversized melamine platter ($54.90, Ziggy’s at Home, 794 College, 416-535-8728).
2. Al fresco double-fisters can pack both their bottles in Built’s striped tote ($25.90, Ziggy’s at Home).
3. A pair of Basil Blossom Twig bags ($64.99, Curbside Cycle, 412 Bloor West, 416-920-4933) strap to your rack easier than that traditional picnic basket.
4. Sip some “juice” from these floral-appliquéd acrylic glasses and tumblers ($1.99 to $2.99 each, Real Canadian Superstore, 825 Don Mills, 416-391-0080, and others).
5. You don’t want to get that park table all crumby. Build your picnic place setting on these colourful Sommar mats ($3.99, Ikea, 1475 the Queensway, 416-646-4532, and others).
6. A little something solid like Lampe Berger’s lemon-yellow frosted glass lantern ($60) offers visual relief. Fill it with their new unscented Vanilla No. 3 oil ($24, both Ziggy’s at Home), which keeps away the skeeters.
7. Bev Hisey’s picnic blanket features cushioned seating spots crawling with embroidered ants ($310, Made, 867 Dundas West, 416-607-6384).