1. Flower power "Floral for spring groundbreaking." Any Devil Wears Prada fan (guilty!) knows editrix Meryl Streep's deadpan take on this trend, but buds and blooms are big news this season. ( Kemi floral and paisley scarf, $97, Trove , 791 Bathurst, 416-516-1258, www.trove.ca.)
2. Mellow yellow The perfect jaune-ty hue is the fresh chartreuse shade of SQ's long vinyl shoulder bag ($49, Trove ).
3. Silver belle Accent looks with silver pops like Sarah Wan 's matte double hoop earrings ($85, Devil's Workshop , 955 Queen West, 416-855-4321, www.thedevilsworkshop.ca).
4. Patent pending Slip your feet into something glossy like Steve Madden 's round-toe flats ($99.95, Town Shoes , 131 Bloor West, 416-928-5062, and others, www.townshoes.com).
5. Slouchy style The Gap 's Boyfriend Trouser ($59.50, 60 Bloor West, 416-921-2225, www.gap.com) and similar wide-legged pants mean previously stovepiped fashion followers can finally eat a snack.