Tuesday’s best bets for celeb spotting. Door crash at your own risk.
National Post scene watcher Shinan Govani’s Boldface Names book is wrapped in so many meta layers (a book by a gossip columnist about a gossip columnist that the gossip columnist author has written about in his newspaper gossip column and whose publisher’s press release about the gossip column book reads and is laid out like a gossip column), I can’t wrap my head around its launch at Holt Renfrew this evening. I don’t think I’m supposed to think too hard about this one though.
Govani himself has already admitted in print that it was bold (faced) to go up against tonight’s InStyle magazine party at the Windsor Arms, otherwise knows as the Fort Knox of TIFF fetes, but he did it anyways.
The night’s do-gooding ‘do is the Cinema Against AIDS funder for AMFAR at The Carlu. Sarah McLachlan and Deborah Cox will perform and a board of event chairs that includes Sarah Ferguson, Stanley Tucci and Michelle Yeoh pretty much guarantees celebrity attendance.
Plus: Film festival scoops in 140 characters
- Drake Spot: Don McKellar and his actress missus Tracy Wright taking in the outdoor flicks on the hotel’s Sky Yard Sunday.
- Spotted being bejewelled at Swarovski’s TIFF suite: Precious View host Sherri Shepherd and forward fashion icon Tilda Swinton.
- Good Hair’s Chris Rock leaving Lobby on Bloor and skipping the SUV ride on Monday afternoon.
- The oh so gracious Ricky Gervais glad handing fans in front of the Windsor Arms. An IT Lounge visit? Or maybe a post press con nap?
- At Swarovski, Kerry Washington (pictured below) in coral and Naomi Watts in what one A-list T.O. stylist calls flashdance 80s. Luxe of course.
- Jimmy Smitts is here too but not wearing anything remotely retro.
Follow our scene scoops live on Twitter: @NOWLifeStyle.
Kerry Washington photo by Michael Watier[rssbreak]