If you want music from the Great White North, GH and Rock Band have slim pickings, except for the work of our holy trinity of musical wanksters, Rush. Here are the five best and five more that are on our wish list.
1. Electric Version, the New Pornographers (Rock Band) Sweet harmonies, tricky drums and fast-moving fret work make this indie anthem a winner – and it might be the first time we understand the words!
2. The X-Stream, Voivod (Guitar Hero 2) This unexpected appearance by the Quebecois underground metalheads is some serious fuckin’ rawk. Blistering.
3. Tom Sawyer, Rush (Rock Band) It will either bring friends together in triumph or drive them screaming from the room. Either way, it’s one of the most difficult of the pack on any instrument. Catch the spirit.
4. Fat Lip, Sum 41 (original Guitar Hero) High-energy power pop perfect for rocking out in suburban basements, which is good since that’s probably where it was written.
5. YYZ, Rush (Guitar Hero 2) Pulling off this instrumental’s prog-rock button-mashing would wow even the mightiest guitar hero. Just don’t expect to pick up the ladies with it.