Beth Orton, Willy Mason
• Carlu (444 Yonge), tonight (Thursday, April 6)
Unless Terry Callier makes an unannounced cameo appearance during Brit folk-soul warbler Beth Orton's set, don't be surprised if the latest "new Bob Dylan, Willy Mason, steals the show.
Cesaria Evora, African Guitar Summit
• Massey Hall (178 Victoria), Friday (April 7)
Cape Verde's Barefoot Diva returns to bare her soul at Massey Hall. Don't miss it, and make sure you get there early to check out the enchanting strains of the African Guitar Summit.
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
• Opera House (735 Queen East), Saturday (April 8)
A full six months after the Pitchfork-hyped indie rockers busted out of Brooklyn on a tidal wave of buzz, is anyone still listening? Find out at the Opera House.
• Healeys (178 Bathurst), Saturday (April 8)
If Sonny Landreth's searing slide work on his Grant Street (Sugar Hill) CD is any indication of what he has planned for Healey's, it's going to be a hot and heavy night of crankin' guitar scorch.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
• Kool Haus (1 Jarvis), Monday (April 10)
If you're into enigmatic fashion-victim frontwomen who enjoy fellating their microphones, boy, have the Yeah Yeah Yeahs got a show for you.
• Supermarket (268 Augusta), Wednesday (April 12)
Blue-eyed soul man James Hunter has a lot more going for him than merely being Van Morrison's touring guitarist of choice. Check him out.