Pink, Matt Nathanson
• Kool Haus (1 Jarvis), tonight (Thursday, July 13)
Last seen in Toronto giving self-esteem pointers to pubescent schoolgirls, the anti-Ashlee pop tartlet brings her bubble-gum gospel to the Kool Haus stage.
Joe Bataan, Bombolesse
• Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay West), Friday (July 14)
Spanish-Harlem-gang-member-turned-Latin-soul-superstar Joe Bataan rocks Harbourfronts Roots: Remix fest Nuyorican style.
• Horseshoe (370 Queen West), Saturday (July 15)
Celebrate the 150th anniversary of Thomas Edisons nemesis Nikola Teslas birth with the gothic country strains of the Tesla-loving Handsome Family. See feature, page 48.
Jamaica To Toronto
• Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay West), Saturday (July 15)
Heres a rare chance to see the stars of Torontos 1960s R&B scene, the Mighty Pope, Jay Douglas, Jo-Jo Bennett, Everton Paul, Lloyd Delpratt and others, who launch Light in the Attics fab Jamaica To Toronto retrospective CD.
Dog Day Afternoon fest
• Historic Fort York (100 Garrison), Saturday (July 15), 3 pm
If you didnt make it down to Madison Square Garden to catch Metric opening for the Stones, this outdoor show with Fiery Furnaces, Holy Fuck and others is the next best thing... maybe even better. See T.O. Music Notes, page 65.
• Mod Club (722 College), Sunday (July 16)
Stormin Senegalese rap crew Daara J return to Toronto to tear up the Mod Club as part of the Global Cafe fest.