• Mod Club (722 College), tonight (Thursday, July 20)
Since Sparklehorse production gigs don't pay too well, David Lowery's taking his own band on the road in hopes of selling more copies of Cracker's fab new Greenland CD. See chart, page 46.
Sierra Maestra, Ricky Franco & P Crew Orchestra
• Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay West), Friday (July 21)
Cuban son heavyweights Sierra Maestra fly up from Havana to heat up Harbourfront's Ritmo Y Color weekend.
• Trinity Stage, Distillery District (55 Mill), Saturday (July 22), 3:15 pm
Los Angeles soul/blues stylist and part-time Mannish Boy Finis Tasby brings the good groove to PartiGras. See feature, page 53.
• Reverb (651 Queen West), Saturday (July 22)
Find out what's up with former Pharcyde member (and Spike Jonze homeboy) Fatlip when he belatedly brings rhymes from last fall's The Loneliest Punk CD to the Reverb.
• Molson Amphitheatre (909 Lakeshore West), Tuesday (July 25)
Ozzy and Sharon may be playing crazy eights at home while profiting off the Ozzfest name, but surely watching System of a Down lurch through their double-barrelled Mesmerize/Hypnotize opus will help dull the pain of Ozzy's absence.
Tapes 'n Tapes, Futureheads
• Phoenix (410 Sherbourne), Wednesday (July 26)
The Futureheads would be wise to bring their A game to the Phoenix, since hotly tipped Minneapolis indie rock powerhouse Tapes 'n Tapes are likely the big draw here. See feature, page 48.