NOMO, Nino Moschella
• Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay West), Friday (August 11)
Though the link between spiritual jazz and piquant food is tenuous at best, eight-member jazz assault unit NOMO is sure to be a highlight of Harbourfront's Hot & Spicy food fest. See feature, page 44.
• Hummingbird Centre (2 Front East), Saturday (August 12)
Beyoncé and her homegirls may have written the song first, but nothing says survivor like tough-as-nails rocker Melissa Etheridge, who follows up her stellar Grammy tribute to Janis Joplin with this Hummingbird Centre show.
• Dufferin Grove Park (875 Dufferin), Saturday (August 12)
You don't have to be under 19 to enjoy this fab daylong all-ages event featuring the Diableros, I Can Put My Arm Back On You Can't, DD-MM-YYYY, a scavenger hunt (!) and more. See T.O. Music Notes, page 50.
Warped Tour w/ Anti-Flag, NOFX, Joan Jett, Motion City Soundtrack, Rise Against
• Park Place (100 Molson Park, Barrie), Saturday (August 12)
Standing out in the sun all day and listening to noisy bands with a few thousand woozy, well-tattooed friends your idea of a good time? Well, buddy, the Warped Tour is just the ticket for you!
Mariah Carey, Sean Paul
• Air Canada Centre (40 Bay), Sunday (August 13)
It couldn't have been easy for Mariah Carey to find an opener who hasn't seen Glitter. Lucky for her, T.O. dancehall dude Sean Paul must've been out of the country when the bomb hit theatres.
• Harbourfront Centre (235 Queens Quay West), Monday (August 14)
As part of this week's hugely important AIDS/HIV conference, check out the Lion of Zimbabwe, who joins Soul Influence and Donne Roberts as part of Harbourfront's Strength Of Africa event.