Hilotrons CD release party
• The Horseshoe (370 Queen West), tonight (Thursday, April 10)
The third time could be the charm for Ottawa’s Hilotrons, who bust out the jerky pop jams from their new Happymatic (Kelp) disc, with Sunparlour Players and Andy Swan opening.
• Lee’s Palace (529 Bloor West), Friday (April 11)
Be the first of your MySpace pals to hear the hot new tracks from Thunderheist’s forthcoming electro-pop epic, Neon Angels, when Isis and Grahmzilla get busy at Lee’s Friday.
• The Mod Club (722 College), Saturday (April 12)
Count on seeing some of those people who wrote off Estelle when her 2004 debut tanked trying to get into the Mod Club to hear her croon American Boy and the other tracks from her Kanye-approved Shine disc.
Tapes ’n Tapes, White Denim
• Opera House (735 Queen East), Monday (April 14)
This ingenious pairing of Minneapolis indie rockers Tapes ’n Tapes with Austin buzz band White Denim will likely be the gig of the week, so don’t dare miss it.
Man Man, Yeasayer
• Lee’s Palace (529 Bloor West), Monday (April 14)
Philly freaks Man Man have oddly picked up a distinctive Tom Waits rumble since signing with Anti, but don’t hold that against them. This show should be an unhinged delight.
The Dirtbombs, Kelley Stoltz
• The Horseshoe (370 Queen West), Wednesday (April 16)
Mighty Mick Collins and his Detroit double-drumming garage kings the Dirtbombs are back, so prepare for another brilliant beatdown.