Ontario records 119 new COVID-19 cases

64 per cent of new cases in Ontario are among those 40 and under, health minister says


Ontario has reported 119 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, July 27.

Health Minister Christine Elliott said the latest numbers marked an overall 0.3 per cent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in the province. These numbers show a decline from Sunday’s new case count of 137.

Thirty of the province’s 34 public health units reported five or fewer cases, with 16 of them reporting zero new cases, Elliott said.

Of today’s new cases, 76 – or 64 per cent – were found in Ontarians under the age of 40. That number has hovered around the two-thirds mark for the past several days.

Last week, the federal government released data showing that young adults between 20 and 39 years of age account for the highest incidence of COVID-19 rates across the country.

The province processed nearly 25,000 COVID-19 cases, Eliiott said.

Ontario COVID-19 deaths and hospitalizations for July 27

One more person died of COVID-19 in Ontario, bringing the total number of COVID deaths in the province to 2,764.

Currently, there are 82 people hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19. Of those, 30 people are in the ICU and 18 are on ventilators.

For more COVID-19 statistics, visit the Government of Ontario website.

@nowtoronto

Leave your opinion for the editor...We read everything!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *