If you missed that opening night screening of Anvil!, don’t lose your metalhead.
Hot Docs has just announced some encore screenings of the hottest docs (i.e. sold out already) at the festival, including Anvil!
You can find reviews of most of these flicks on our website.
Book those tix now at www.hotdocs.ca or by phoning 416-637-5150 or in person at the box office at 87 Avenue Road from 11 am to 9 pm.
* Spotlight 2007 director Heddy Honigmann’s Emoticons screens Saturday (April 19) at 7:15 pm at Innis, along with Lauren Greenfield’s Kids + Money.
* Alison Murray’s Carny screens Tuesday (April 22) at 9:30 pm at Innis, along with Chris Murphy’s Murphy’s Law.
* Ellen Kuras and Thavisouk Phrasavath’s Betrayal (Nerakhoon) screens Sunday (April 27) at 2 pm at the Al Green Theatre.
* Fernand Bélanger, Louise Dugal and Yves Angrignon’s Cuban Song screens Sunday (April 27) at 4:30 pm, along with Carl Valiquet’s Blood And Incense.
* Marc H Simon and Matthew Makar’s Nursery University screens Sunday (April 27) at 7 pm at the Al Green Theatre. (Look for a review of this film in tomorrow's daily report.)
* Pietra Brettkelly’s The Art Star And The Sudanese Twins screens Sunday (April 27) at 9 pm at the Bloor.
* Sacha Gervasi’s Anvil! The Story Of Anvil screens Sunday (April 27) at 9:30 pm at the Royal, along with Jody Shapiro and Isabella Rossellini’s Green Porno.
* Scott Smith’s As Slow As Possible rescreens Sunday (April 27) at 9:30 pm at Innis, along with Terry Stone’s Virtuoso.
* Howard Goldberg’s S&M: Short And Male screens Sunday (April 27) at 9:30 pm at the Isabel Bader, along with Wade Vroom’s $4 Haircut.
* Patrick Reed’s Triage: Dr. James Orbinski’s Humanitarian Dilemma screens Sunday (April 27) at 9:45 pm at the ROM.