There's no shortage of hilarious female talent. Here are 10 reasons to attend the fest.
1. LISA MERCHANT
Tuesday through Sunday (March 25-30)
Why? The lady's organized 10 of these things and has a good eye for talent. Her specialty is improv, as she'll show at each night's end.
2. DIANE FLACKS Wednesday (March 26)
Why? The playwright/actor's new mom status could work its way into her material.
3. DEBRA DiGIOVANNI Thursday (March 27)
Why? Imagine Rosie O'Donnell in The Sopranos.
4. NAOMI SNIECKUS Tuesday and Friday (March 25 and 28)
Why? Her high-strung characters recall Catherine O'Hara. Seriously.
5. BARBARA BARSKY Sunday (March 30)
Why? Because this versatile actor/singer should have got the lead in CanStage's upcoming Sweeney Todd.
6. SABRINA JALEES Tuesday (March 25)
Why? She's 17, part Muslim and is touring the province for Yuk's while getting A's at school.
7. THE YOUNG AND THE USELESS Wednesday (March 26)
Why? They're the next generation of sketch stars.
8. DAWN WHITWELL Thursday (March 27)
Why? Dry humour rocks.
9. MAGGIE CASSELLA Sunday (March 30)
Why? To paraphrase her TV show, Because She Says So.
10. LINDA ELLIS Friday (March 28)
Why? Her West Nile Virus joke is worth the price of admission.