“What’s the most unusual place you’ve taken someone – or someone has taken you – on a date?”
From niche museum to medical labs, to churches where you’ve fucked and/or prayed – you’ve been on some pretty interesting dates.
Here are some of the best you shared:
- A ride on a new subway train the first day they were used. It was awesome!
- City morgue. (My date was a forensic technician.)
- Salt & Pepper Shaker Museum near Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
- On a tour of where they grew up. It was actually awesome.
- A U of T medical laboratory with all the fetuses, hands and other body parts. I’m not kidding.
- Jane Austen reenactment dinner.
- Weird Al concert.
- Walk-in restaurant fridge.
- Blood donor clinic.
- Church that was closed and he had a key. We fucked on the altar.
- A TARDIS.
- The R.C. Harris Water Treatment Plant – we hopped a fence and sat on the rocks at night looking out onto Lake Ontario.
- Their fallout shelter.
- An old theatre his family owned for a private big-screen showing of my fave movies. We even got to play with the popcorn maker!
- Trinity Bellwoods dog park without a dog.
- Got taken to the TSO by a metalhead with long hair. Naturally, I married him.
- An alternative art show in the Annex, with a live blood-letting performance.
- First date, took him to a drug dealer’s hotel room across the city to get shrooms and blow.
- Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology
- Trespassing on Toronto Zoo property in the old monorail area.
- A church’s Shrove Tuesday supper. We washed dishes afterwards… it was odd.
- His grandmother’s basement, which was where he lived.
- To meet the governor general.
- To their parents’ house for dinner. On the first date. Their parents were home and joined us.
- Collection of skulls at U of T’s anthro department.
- One of my partners flew me to his hometown of London, England, for our second date.
- Gravel pit.
- Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. Big-time mood killer.
- Their basement, literally filled with boxes and boxes of underwear.
- She was an activist/graffiti artist and she took me tagging. We spent the afternoon hopping fences. Easily the best day of my life.
Click for more.