With a new crop of restaurants and cafés sprouting around town, a sense of relaxation is taking over from vegan virtue. There’s plenty to be said for clean eating – and health-focused Toronto chefs are finding new ways to reinvent the produce aisle or whip up a new take on textured vegetable protein. But sometimes vegans and vegetarians just want the same comfort meals as the rest of us: variations on Ice cream, meat lovers’ pizza, mac and cheese, even a damned Big Mac.
Here’s proof that avoiding meat in the T.O. restaurant scene won’t add up to one big missed steak:
- The best vegetarian restaurants in the city
- Toronto's best vegan restaurants
- The best vegan bakeries in Toronto: non-vegans, you too will not be disappointed
- Toronto's best veggie-friendly spots: where to take your friends with all kinds of dietary differences
- Upscale vegetarian comes to Yorkville: Nota Bene chef David Lee opens Planta
Get more Toronto restaurant guides here.