You’ll be king (or queen) of the hill on a slip-’n’-slidin’ sled.
1. Urban ’rents used to 18-wheel strollers can get through the winter with MEC’s CH2 Baby Glider ($509, 400 King West, 416-340-2667, www.mec.ca). It comes with an extendable steel pole and padded belt for towing junior behind your cross-country skis.
2. Recycle that greasy pizza box and upgrade to a glossy magic carpet ($2.99, Toys R Us, Dufferin Mall, 900 Dufferin, 416-532-8697, and others).
3. Snow sport classicists need nothing more than a traditional wooden toboggan ($74.99, Canadian Tire).
4. Normally we wouldn’t refer you stateside, but this multicoloured four-pack of Slope Slider Sleds for $20 (www.llbean.com) is a very family-friendly deal.
5. The Zipfy ($39.99, Canadian Tire, 839 Yonge, 416-925-9592, and others, www.zipfy.com) is made for extreme sledders who use its lever to carve their way down black-diamond-worthy park slopes.