This Friday is our annual office swag sale.
Over the year, the style department collects a lot of cosmetic, clothing and product samples and rather than fill our maxed out home closets with those freebies, we hoard them until the end of November and sell them off to NOW staffers at a healthy discount. The proceeds benefit Windfall Clothing Service and everyone goes home with a few names crossed of their holiday lists.
'Tis shopping's busiest season but in this current economic climate (Dum! Dum! Dum!), when retail analysts have observed extra zombie-like behavior at the local mall, everyone is after a good gift bargain.
Re-gifting, DIY projects and secret Santa-style exchanges are all great ways to be festively frugal but our hard working, local retailers and designers need your nervously guarded dough so they're smartly putting out the sale sign before the holidays.
- Red Pegasus's Customer Appreciation night is tomorrow between 7 pm and 9 pm. Holiday merch is 20 per cent off and the rest of the store is discounted by 15 per cent.
- Leslieville's shops stay open until 10 pm on Thursday for Holiday Wanderlust on Queen between Broadview and Leslie.
- Karamea's studio sale is Friday, Saturday and Sunday from noon to 7:30 pm at 335 Roncesvalles (#3). Day to eveningwear is up to 80 per cent off.
- Boutique Le Trou's jewellery blitz featuring baubles priced $10 to $200 is Saturday and Sunday between noon and 5 pm at 993 Queen West (penthouse #1).
- Designer Brenda Beddome opens her studio to shoppers every Friday and Saturday afternoon until December 20. Overstock is 30 to 60 per cent off and new pieces are tax free.
Any other upcoming sale events on your radar? Feel free to comment with the details.