Coming in 2016 to the Roncesvalles area is Gairloch Developments' 383 Sorauren (383sorauren.com), a mod mid-rise building with a fitness centre and outdoor lounge area. Unit D2 is an 805-square-foot two-bedroom unit with a south-facing balcony on the fourth floor priced at $385,990. Here are its design positives and some creative ways to deal with a few tricky spaces.
2 Bedroom 805 SQ. FT. + Balcony 87 SQ. FT.
• At 5½ feet wide, the balcony is just deep enough to accommodate a long table. Position it against the railing so everyone gets a good view at dinner.
• The extra angular storage room off the master bedroom means you don't have to stash seasonal items (foldable patio furniture, holiday tree, etc) outside the unit in a storage locker.
• The linear living area furniture layout on the builder's plan works well by providing lots of seating and room to move through the space to the balcony.
• Take advantage of all the empty wall space in the entranceway and hall to hang framed posters and other artwork.
• If you don't need a permanent second bedroom, outfitting the extra sleeping area like a den with a desk extends the length of your main living space to a generous 37 feet.
Presentation centre: 383 Sorauren (Monday to Thursday noon to 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday noon to 5 pm).