The Daniels Corporation is sticking to its Festival Tower project's film theme for its new northern neighbour, Cinema Tower (cinematowercondos.com), with a state-of-the-art screening room and suites named after notable directors. The Nolan is a 985-square-foot two-bedroom northwest-facing unit starting at $600,900. Here are its design positives and some creative ways to deal with a few tricky spaces.
• Not only is this a corner unit (meaning both bedrooms get lots of natural light and balcony access), but the architects have worked windows into the kitchen and master ensuite as well. Use simple, sheer roller blinds to let in the sun's rays without sacrificing privacy.
• Since the kitchen peninsula is your main eating area, look for contemporary but comfortable stools with backs.
• If you collect too many toiletries or buy bathroom tissue in bulk, add a shelf with closed storage below it next to the door in the master bath.
• Singles and couples can use the second bedroom as a den with a pullout sofa flanked by bookshelves.
• A shallow shelf in the narrow entryway with a built-in cubby or drawer is a great spot to stash keys, sunglasses and mitts.
325 Adelaide West (Monday to Thursday noon to 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday noon to 5 pm).