(1) Greg Payce's sculptural Spinning Figures gained an international profile as part of Earth Works, representing Canada at EXPO 2000 in Hanover, Germany. The pair is featured at the Gardiner Museum of Ceramic Art (111 Queen's Park, 416-586-8080) through March 25, while Payce's art can be found for sale at Prime Gallery (52 McCaul, 416-593-5750, starting at $1,000).
(2) Hot Sox get a leg up with over-the-knee hose, $18 at Accessity (136 Cumberland, 416-972-1855).
(3) Optic Stripe glasses capture the bar-code bandwidth for a very affordable $8 per shot glass and $11 for drinking glasses at Urban Outfitters (235 Yonge, 416-214-1466).
(4) Ralph Lauren's delightfully impractical knit wool halter top is a stripe above the other banded apparel on the racks. $95 at Eatons (290 Yonge, 416-349-7111 ext 7510, and others).
(5) Finnish designer Alfredo Häberli's Origo dinner service defines restrained understatement, with the colour hit reserved for the coffee course. $158 per place setting at M-aZone (473-A Church, 416-934-9400). *