We’ve surveyed the fall sale racks and spring’s first budget-friendly arrivals for key pieces to help you transition seasons on the cheap.
1. A little light-coloured leather or pleather does a spring motorcycle jacket good. This Danier find ($299 on sale, Eaton Centre, 218 Yonge, 416-598-1159, and others, danier.com) is detailed with oodles of snaps and zips.
2. Brace yourself for stacks of mismatched pearls, studs and bangles. This H&M bauble set gives you eight for $14.95 (1 Dundas West, 416-593-0064, and others, hm.com).
3. New black-and-white oxfords are filling the shoe shops, but we’re feeling these navy-and-noir spectators by Dieppa Restrepo ($60 on sale, Chasse Gardée, 1084 Queen West. 416-901-9613, chassegardee.com).
4. Buying a fresh pair of jeans is up to you, but don’t you dare avoid denim in shirt, accessory and A.P.C. button-up skirt applications ($75 on sale, Jonathan + Olivia).
5. We’re still not sure about the underwear as outerwear trend, but this Surface to Air silk blouse ($125 on sale, Jonathan + Olivia, 49 Ossington, 416-849-5956, jonathanandolivia.com) is sheerly chic.