What features should a buyer look for to guarantee a condo unit will be ahead of the competition when he or she decides to sell? M5V Realty (m5vinc.com) broker Sherard McQueen weighs in.
1. A reputable builder with great build quality, management and high resale values. Monarch and Streetcar are two of my favourites.
2. Ceilings that are 9 feet or higher. Although condos are getting smaller, ceiling height creates more volume and gives the space a more comfortable feel.
3. A functional layout including bedrooms that have windows, bathrooms away from the kitchen and a living room where a couch and TV fit comfortably.
4. A well-appointed kitchen. Good counter space, stainless steel appliances and ample light are a must, and an island is a definite plus.
5. Outdoor space. It's very difficult to resell a unit without a balcony or terrace.