Strappy sandals aren’t just for prom queens accessorizing their Fairweather frocks any more. Spring’s big footwear hit is city-grit-friendly and beautifully butch.
1. Contrasting straps wrap this chunky-heeled Chie Mihara pick ($398, Browns, 110 Bloor West, 416-920-1032 and others, www.brownsshoes.com).
2. Keep your gladiators on the low with this Faryl Robin brass-buckled style ($189, Heel Boy, 682 Queen West, 416-362-4335).
3. De-neutralize your spring look with this ruby Enzo Angiolini pair ($115, Town Shoes, 95 Bloor West, 416-928-5062 and others, www.townshoes.com).
4. This Nine West pair ($89, 93 Bloor West, 416-920-3519 and others, www.ninewest.com) will deliver lethal sandal tan but their hot safari look is worth it.
5. Chinese Laundry’s pair sit on top of a comfy cork platform ($99.99, Balisi, 711 Queen West, 416-203-2388 and other, www.balisi.com).