Photo by Michael Watier
Not even Rihanna's CFDA gown could distract Twitter from the Ontario election debate last night, which buzzed with concern, surprise and of course humour at the provincial party leaders' performance.
- Steve Ladurantaye (@sladurantaye) June 3, 2014
How many times is too many to apologize for the gas plant scandal in an hour and a half? Did Andrea Horwath convince us that maybe this election was an alright idea? And did Tim Hudak come off as, you know, kind of a normal guy?
Below, see the highlights.
- Jennifer Hassum (@jenhassum) June 3, 2014
"We all believe in public service. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. I'm bringing you my integrity." -s #ondebate
- Kathleen Wynne (@Kathleen_Wynne) June 3, 2014
- alertedge (@alertedge) June 4, 2014
Andrea Horwath pronounces the second t in Toronto instead of using the glottal stop. Is she an impostor?
- Caitlin Victoria (@eradiCaitlin) June 4, 2014
#ondebate Wynne said "invest" way too many times for my liking. With what money, Ms. Wynne?
- kyra nielsen (@drunkdoctor_) June 4, 2014
- Bee Crawley (@beecrawl) June 4, 2014
- Jeff Monague (@brando44) June 4, 2014
- Nick Mayburry (@NickMayburry) June 4, 2014
- Liisa Schofield (@LiisaSko) June 4, 2014
- Dan (@MudHouse7) June 4, 2014
So that debate essentially consisted of Horwath and Hudak bullying Wynne // Wynne and Horwath bullying Hudak .. So how about the issues???
- Sara Little (@saralittle_xx) June 4, 2014
Didn't catch the #ONdebate, I'm assuming it ended on a more upbeat note than Game of Thrones did.
- Graham Milne (@TheGrahamMilne) June 4, 2014
For more about the issues, check out our hyperlocal election maps, which we'll update throughout this last week before the election.