1. If you want exclusivity points, this would be the piece to covet ($700, CinCyn , 905-286-0725, www.cincyn.com). Not only is it part of CinCyn's winning collection for the prestigious Elle Canada 2005 New Labels Award, but it's also only available via the designers.
2. Moving on from last year's leather blazer, the pocket-ful Danier Jump jacket ($349, Danier , 220 Yonge, 416-598-1159, and others, www.danier.ca) is a natural progression.
3. Keep it simple in this nod-to-menswear herringbone topper by resident Toronto fashion geniuses Jennifer Halchuk and Richard Lyle of Mercy ($410, Georgie Bolesworth , 891 Dundas West, 416-703-7625).
4. Unanimously on-trend for fall 05, the wool military-style jacket, like this beaut by Tara Jarmon ($575, Studio Labiri , 548 Danforth, 416-778-6820), is a definite wardrobe must-have.
5. Super-popular in Japan with the fashionista set, this jersey-fleece men's pea coat ($348, Uncle Otis , 26 Bellair, 416-920-2281) by Van-city-based brand Spruce features an inner elasticized-knit sleeve for extra comfort.