1. Bravo to Mountain Equipment Co-op (400 King West, 416-340-2667, www.mec.ca) for using organic cotton for its casual separates, like this Chignecto polo ($19) and Zodiac capris ($39)!
2. Keep your baby from overheating in synthetic diapers with Hempers, highly absorbent and mildew-resistant fitted hemp-and-green-cotton diapers from Ecomum ($42/three pack via www.ecomum.com, or from $11 each at Grassroots).
3. Skip the faux freshness that comes with room deodorizers and get your scent straight from the source - stunning bouquets of organically, locally grown or fair trade flowers (starting at $30 before taxes and delivery) from floral designer Scott Graham 's online boutique, www.ecoflora.ca, or call 416-254-2674 or 1-866-924-2532.
4. Consider redoing your floors with easily removable Folding Bamboo Flooring ($4.99/square foot, Kuda Imports , 388 Carlaw, 416-463-4805, www.kudaimports.com). More renewable than hardwood, it grows quickly and can be repeatedly cut from the same plant; plus it's insect-, water- and fire-resistant.
5. Coyuchi's 230-thread-count bed linens (from $230/twin set, Grassroots , 372 Danforth, 416-466-2841, and others; www.grassrootsstore.com) are made from hand-picked certified organically grown cotton and are treated with a soy lecithin softener for high-end snuggle. Sweet dreams.