Think everybody’s watching you? Or bugging your conversations? You may not be paranoid – with these micro-items they just might be.
1. Check out the Digital Mini-Camera (Science City, 50 Bloor West, 416-968-2627, $50). This li’l keeper shoots up to 80 low-res images and fits inside your pocket.
2. The Docupen Portable Scanner is a must-have appliance for anyone pursuing corporate espionage (Staples, 85-89 Yonge, 416-203-3525, $250) or stealing exams.
3. Imported from Russia, these KGB binoculars (Spy Tech, 2028 Yonge, 416-482-8588, $45) fit in the palm of your hand for incognito spying.
4. No need for software or cables with Nomad’s MuVo Hybrid Player (www.creative.com, $160). This tiny, light-weight MP3/WMA player provides 12 hours of sing-along time on one AA battery.
5. Say buh-bye to the monolithic speakers of the past and get acquainted with the new Jewel Cubes from Bose (Bay Bloor Radio, 55 Bloor West, 416-967-1122, available only as part of the Lifestyle system, which starts at $3,899).
6. Budding novelists will love this Mini Voice Recorder (Spy Tech, $395). It’s smaller than a cigarette lighter and digitally stores 4.6 hours of chatter.
7. Whether excavating a cavernous handbag or manoeuvring in a light-challenged alley, the mini-flashlight on a keychain (Science City, $20) features a streamlined design and shoots a cool blue light.
8. For instant DIY reality TV, just slap in a battery and plug this Pinhole Camera (Spy Tech, $145) into your VCR.