- Vancouver restaurants West Oak and Pierre’s will be taking over the former home of Fring’s (455 King West, at Spadina).
- Mother Tongue, a new spot from Rob Granicolo (Il Covo) and Francis Bermejo (Bar Buca) will soon be replacing Parcae inside the Templar Hotel (348 Adelaide West, at Peter).
- As previously reported, Cafe Bora, a Korean dessert chain revolving around purple sweet potato-flavoured eats, is opening this fall at 87 Yorkville (at Bellair).
- Bloor Superfresh will soon become Annex Food Hall (384 Bloor West, at Walmer), slated to open later this fall.
- Sportsnet is opening a restaurant: The Sportsnet Grill, overlooking the Rogers Centre inside the Marriott City Centre Hotel (1 Blue Jays Way, at Front), and will feature window-seat reservations on game days.
- A teeny-tiny, under-the-radar gelato counter called Piccolina Gelato E Altra Roba (“tiny gelato and other stuff”) is open at 85 Portland.
- Lone Star Texas Grill (212 King West, at Simcoe) closed its doors last week.
- Hunan-style noodle spot Jin’s Mi-Fen is open at 5515 Yonge (at Finch), replacing Kokoya.
- The third location of Thai joint Eat BKK is set to replace Lady Marmalade at 898 Queen East (at Logan) the Lady is set to relocate to 265 Broadview (at Dundas).
- Gyoko Sushi is open at 2143 Danforth (at Cedarvale).
- Plaxton Coffee is coming soon to 2889 St. Clair East (at Plaxton).
- Recipe Food Co. is now open at 696 Queen West (at Manning).
- Loftea and Sukoi Desserts will be opening at 760 Queen West (at Bellwoods).
email@example.com | @nataliamanzocco