Advertisement

Your City

‘I never want this’: Bruno Mars promises to ‘make it up to you Toronto’ after postponing show due to bad weather

Fans disappointed by the weather-related postponement quickly rallied behind the singer online after Mars promised to “make it up” to Toronto, with many praising him for putting safety ahead of pushing through dangerous conditions at Rogers Stadium.

Young man with curly hair holding a red rose, black and white image, urban background, expressive style, contemporary fashion, Toronto culture, street art vibe.

What to know

  • Bruno Mars is bringing his The Romantic Tour to Toronto for five shows at Rogers Stadium on May 23 (postponed to May 31), 24, 27, 28 and 30.
  • Based on previous tour dates, fans can expect a massive 26-song setlist spanning nearly every era of Mars’ career.
  • The setlist is expected to include major hits like “Uptown Funk,” “24K Magic,” “Locked Out of Heaven,” “That’s What I Like” and “When I Was Your Man.”
  • Songs from Mars’ Silk Sonic project with Anderson .Paak, including “Leave the Door Open” and “Smoking Out the Window,” are also expected to make the setlist.
  • Newer songs from Mars’ latest project, including “Risk It All” and “Die With a Smile,” are also expected to be performed during the roughly two-hour show.

Bruno Mars was quick to share a message with his Canadian fans after his first Toronto show at Rogers Stadium was postponed because of bad weather, with fans online praising the singer for prioritizing safety instead of “risking it all” for the crowd.

Bruno Mars is being hailed by his Canadian fans in Toronto as many feel the pop-star “didn’t risk it all for us” after Live Nation Ontario announced Saturday afternoon that the May 23 concert had been rescheduled to May 31, 2026, due to bad weather conditions over the Rogers Stadium.

“I never want this but I need everyone to be safe in order to have a good time. I’ll make it up to you Toronto on the 31st. I promise!” Mars posted on X.

Why was Bruno Mars’ Toronto concert postponed?

Advertisement

The concert held to take place at the Rogers Stadium on Saturday night of May 23, 2026, was postponed because of worsening weather conditions over the weekend.

Live Nation Ontario told Now Toronto they made a thoughtful decision keeping in mind public safety, which they say remains their top priority.

Severe weather hits Toronto ahead of Rogers Stadium show

Toronto is heading into a cold and rainy Saturday just as Bruno Mars kicks off the first of five sold-out shows at Rogers Stadium this weekend.

Forecasts are calling for light rain throughout much of the day, with temperatures expected to dip near 9 C by the evening.

Bruno Mars said it best in It Will Rain, and unfortunately for fans heading to Saturday’s show, the forecast appears to be taking that lyric literally.

Advertisement

Fans hail the singer’s decision as ‘good move’

Going into Saturday, the weather forecast already painted a gloomy picture with conditions intensifying the day of the concert as rain poured over the Rogers Stadium backed by chilly temperatures.

The demotivating Saturday weather seemed to dampen fans’ spirits online as many expressed for the show to be either cancelled or rescheduled. As a response, Live Nations Ontario and the Rogers Stadium posted on Instagram the show had been rescheduled for a new date.

Fans reacting online to Bruno Mars’ regretful post thanked the artist for prioritizing overall safety of the fans against commercial profits.

“Rice Man apologizing like he just postponed the family braai,” wrote another on X.

Advertisement

“Better to be safe than sorry , I am sure the loyal fans won’t be put out by this decision,” chimed in a third.

Bruno Mars fans in Toronto were ready with their ponchos

Toronto Bruno Mars fans spent days preparing for a cold and rainy concert weekend — some even buying ponchos in advance — before severe weather ultimately forced Rogers Stadium to postpone the singer’s first “Romantic Tour” stop in the city. While many fans were disappointed, reactions online quickly shifted after Mars addressed the cancellation himself, with supporters praising the singer for prioritizing safety over pushing through dangerous weather conditions.

Ahead of the now-postponed concert, many Toronto Bruno Mars fans had already resigned themselves to a wet night at Rogers Stadium.

On Thursday, a Toronto Mars fan who goes by MJ Sistem posted a TikTok warning others of the city’s worsening weather. In the video, she joked, “will it be good when he sings ‘It Will Rain?’ Yes, but that’s like one song.” 

@myplantalbum

#stitch with @MJ Sistem 🪴🇵🇭 I already bought my poncho y’all — just in case. #brunomarsconcert #rogersstadiumtoronto

♬ original sound – MJ Sistem 🪴🇵🇭

Advertisement

She also announced she already bought a poncho, exclaiming, “The outfit? Who cares about the outfit? I’m just going to be wearing a poncho over my outfit because it’s going to be pouring.”

According to Environment Canada, the weather on Sunday is shaping up to be less wet, with only a 40 per cent chance of showers, a high of 21, and a low of 12 degrees. 
The weather next week is looking to be even better, with only a 30 per cent chance of rain on Wednesday and sunny skies on Thursday with a high of 24 degrees.

The comments on Sistem’s video range from disappointed to funny, with one person playfully accusing her of the rain, writing, “Found the person who jinxed the weather for the concert.”

Another commenter agreed with Sistem, writing, “I’m so sad, I can’t wear my new outfit now. Instead, I’ve bought a poncho.”

Don’t worry if it starts raining and you don’t have a poncho on hand. The Rogers Stadium’s website states that ponchos are available for purchase through Guest Services.

Advertisement

Exclusive content and events straight to your inbox

Subscribe to our Newsletter

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

By signing up, I agree to receive emails from Now Toronto and to the Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions.

Recently Posted