Advertisement

Your City

Bruno Mars Toronto Saturday night concert postponed due to weather at Rogers Stadium

Fans preparing to head to Bruno Mars’ first Toronto stop on “The Romantic Tour” Saturday night were left dejected after Live Nation announced the Rogers Stadium concert had been postponed because of severe weather concerns.

A large crowd gathers outside Rogers Stadium for a concert event, with green entrance structures and many attendees.

Bruno Mars fans in Toronto got hit with a rain check before Toronto’s first night of “The Romantic Tour” could even begin. Live Nation says tonight’s Rogers Stadium show has been postponed due to inclement weather and rescheduled to May 31, 2026. All tickets will still be honoured.

What to know

  • Bruno Mars’ Rogers Stadium concert in Toronto was postponed due to inclement weather.
  • The show has been rescheduled to May 31, 2026.
  • All previously purchased tickets will still be honoured for the new date

Toronto fans hoping to catch Bruno Mars kick off his first night in the city on “The Romantic Tour” were met with disappointment Saturday afternoon. Live Nation Ontario announced that the Saturday night show had been postponed due to inclement weather.

The Rogers Stadium concert has now been rescheduled to May 31, 2026, according to a statement posted by Live Nation Ontario online few hours before showtime.

“The safety of our guests, artists, crew and staff remains our top priority,” the statement read, adding that all previously purchased tickets will still be honoured for the new date.

Advertisement

The postponed performance was set to mark the first of Bruno Mars’ Toronto tour dates. Thousands were expected to attend the highly anticipated stadium show despite worsening weather conditions across the Greater Toronto Area.

Now Toronto reached out Live Nation Ontario for a further comment and they said the decision to reschedule the event came after thoughtful consideration, keeping in mind the safety of concertgoers.

“Our teams have been closely monitoring the forecast throughout the week alongside meteorologists and venue operations. We knew weather would be a factor, but remained hopeful the show could proceed. As the day progressed and conditions worsened, the decision was made to reschedule the show. The safety of our guests, artists, crew and staff remains our top priority.

The new reschedule date is May 31, 2026. All previously purchased tickets will be honoured for the new date.  More information will be communicated directly to ticket purchasers through Ticketmaster.”

Toronto fans were concerned about the worsening weather going into the weekend

Advertisement

Disappointed fans have been sounding off on social media, with most of their ire directed at the venue choice. 

One fan commented, “Whose idea was it to make an outdoor venue in Toronto….. where it’s possibly sunny [for] only 2 months of the year.” 

Another Bruno Mars fan also took issue with the choice of venue, writing, “Such a horrible venue for summer concerts.”

Despite the letdown, not everyone is upset. Under Mars’ X post promising to make it up to fans on May 31, some users are glad he prioritized safety. 

One person commented, “I know it’s disappointing that you had to reschedule (on both sides), but I love how you always put everyone’s safety first & foremost. One of the many reasons why you’re the greatest! Sending you peace, love, and rice.”

Advertisement

Exclusive content and events straight to your inbox

Subscribe to our Newsletter

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

By signing up, I agree to receive emails from Now Toronto and to the Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions.

Recently Posted